Monday 5 December 2011

Anime I had to organise after a long period of time

My anime catalog had to be organised properly hence, I decided to get this job done today. Making the list of all the anime I had. Oh Dear God, never thought it would be this hard to catch up with all the 4 External HDD's I had. Firstly, I started off with the Old School Anime collection which I had in my transcend 1 TB external hard drive and the show started to get tedious as I added each and every anime to my list. I used an easy but popular anime social networking website called MyAnimeList.net simply known as MAL. The organisation was simply neat with the list as it kept each and every track of my entry into the list. Firstly, it gave me the total of all the anime I had namely: TV, OVA, Movies and Specials also the total number of all the episodes which got tallied with the list.



I managed to keep my Incomplete List in the On Hold section, remember? I'm backlogging my anime collection which I replaced with the actual usage of the site. Let me explain you, MAL is for users who are pretty straight forward with what they watch. As in the entire log of anime at which they can refer to. But, I'm using this site for keeping the stats of my collection. I already own one MAL account for actual anime which I've watched but I needed an extra one which would act universally. For friends and other users who want to see my collection, this idea is pretty convenient to do that task. The completed section features the anime which I own personally. Most of them are on my External HDD about 99.5% and 0.5% are on DVDs. It's really a hard work if you're going to catalog each and every anime in your list in just one day, better take out some free time. When you're free for a week or so then it can be done easily.



Although, I made this decision of selecting MAL and not some other anime organisation site or program because it's pretty simple. I avoided AniDB (A site similar to MAL but which is for more advanced users who love to add each and every information for anime which they've seen, for example Fansubs, Storage etc. This option is available on MAL as well but I only want a simple list of stuff which I have so I simply add them instantly. The Watching section includes anime which I'm currently downloading, per episode. It's gonna get filled very soon but for now it's on a low scale. The Plan to Watch section contains anime which I'll be downloading, it may seem low as the Watching section but will be filled very soon.



Now for some series which are greatly rare, it becomes a pain in the ass to search them and when you come to know that the series doesn't exist in the database then then that's unexplainable. Though, I was happy that most of the classics which I own are present in the database making it easier to add them. I'm looking forward to add more anime in the future and for that I might need a couple of more HDD mainly externals to store them on.

                                                                  My current Hard Drives:

  • Transcend StoreJet 1 TB External x1
  • Seagate GoFlex Desk 1 TB External x2
  • Seagate GoFlex Ultra Portable Drive 320 GB x1
If you want to see my current MAL profile, visit: http://myanimelist.net/profile/VLanimecat

No comments:

Post a Comment